Healthy Happenings January 2010
South Town Gym
South Town Gym is dedicated to serving the community's needs for fitness training with a professional and friendly environment. More and more people are discovering the benefits of an active lifestyle and are searching for fitness programs that provide more than just a workout. Fitness programs should encourage, motivate, and support each individual.
Our goal is to be the catalyst for change and success in the quality of life for the citizens of Grand and San Juan Counties. We believe that the excellent facility and equipment that we have assembled will help our members to achieve their ultimate fitness goals.
South Town Gym offers:
• 22 State of the Art Cardio Fitness Machines
• A large selection of Free Weights and Cybex Strength Training Machines
• A Private Women’s Section
• Tanning Beds
• Functional Training area, Physio balls, Bosu balls, Plyometric, Stability and Agility equipment.
• Spinning Bikes
• 28 Flat Screen TVs
• Mixed Martial Arts Facility
• Dance Studio
• Supplement and Energy Bar
• Lockers, Showers, and Dressing Room
Here at South Town Gym we believe everyone can improve their quality of life and we will be offering a variety of cardio classes and activities which will help them in this endeavor. Class offerings that will be available include:
• Disco ball Dance Aerobics
• Spin Classes
• NIA- (Health, wellness, and fitness sensory based movement instructions.)
• Yoga meets Dance
We also feature a functional Dance Studio where the following classes will be held:
• “Simply Dance” Studio (a variety of dance offerings for children from 3yrs-18yrs)
• Triple Swing Dance Series (no partner necessary)
Additional features at South Town Gym include:
• Mixed Martial Arts (variety of classes for ages 7-18 yrs old.)
• Mixed Martial Arts Training (for 18 and older)
• Women’s Kick Boxing
• Mixed Martial Arts Events (TBA)
We offer daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual memberships. Memberships include:
• Use of all exercise facilities (Main Gym, Private Women’s Section, Functional Training Area and Mixed Martial Arts Room.)
• Tanning Beds
• Showers and Dressing Rooms
• A Personalized Training Program
• Keyfob (deposit required)
• Unlimited access 4am-12am
Personalized training programs will be created and individualized by Fitness Director, Nicholas Oldroyd. Nick is a Certified Athletic Trainer, Personal Trainer, and received a Masters degree in Exercise Science from Utah State University. He is a former trainer for the Arizona Diamond backs. He and his family are excited to be back in the community where his wife was born and raised.
We would love for the community to come in and tour our facilities, and familiarize yourself with our programs. We are located at 1070 S. Highway 191 Moab, UT 84532. We are on the web at: www.moabgym.com
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-259-5775 and be sure to mention you read about it in Moab Happenings.